WARNING! Starting on July 30th, 2015, we have started to rebuild from scratch the whole website of the Free Technology Academy, to make it much easier to maintain and use than it was before. We haven't finished yet! Apart from looks and layout, which may change several times before settling down, it IS very likely that there are broken links here and there, or URLs that will stop work in a few days. Please be patient and if you spot any problem, let us know (email@example.com)
Open Network Technologies
Modern computer networks are formed by a combination of devices and protocols that have been in constant evolution since the first communication networks in the late 19th century. This course will cover the basic knowledge necessary for the configuration and management of TCP/IP networks and the most commonly used communication applications. Learners will also become familiar with more specific topics such as audio/video streaming and IP telephony.
- Configuring and managing network services in a free software environment
- Configuring and managing advanced network services and protocols, such as wireless networks, broadcast, voice over IP, real-time, ad-hoc and sensor networks
- Installing and configuring free systems for streaming audio and video
- Understanding the various organization forms of web applications, taking into account scalability and the demand for and organization of processing resources
- Protecting data against intrusion and detecting attacks
- Technologies and architectures of distributed systems in a free software environment
- Models and paradigms of concurrent programming
- Vulnerabilities of distributed information systems
European e-Competence Framework
- B.2 (Systems Integration) level 3
- B.4 (Solution Deployment) level 2
- D.1 (Information Security Strategy Development) level 4
- E.8 (Information Security Management) level 3
ACM Computing Classification System
- C.2.2 (Network Protocols)
- C.2.3 (Network Operations)
- C.2.4 (Distributed Systems)
- C.2.5 (Local and Wide-Area Networks)
- K.6.5 (Security and Protection)
See the FTA tutors page.
Basic knowledge in the field of networking and Internet.
If you want to enroll into this course, please follow the instructions in the main Courses page.