Book: GNU/Linux Basic
- Authors:Joaquín López Sánchez-Montañés, Sofia Belles Ramos, Roger Baig Viñas, Francesc Aulí Llinàs
- Coordinators:Jordi Serra i Ruiz, David Megías Jiménez, Jordi Mas
- Licenses: GNU Free Documentation License, Creative Commons Attribute ShareAlike License
- Information: 255 Pages; 13.5Mb
The Book is not based on any particular distribution, but we need to specify certain actions for most of the examples and activities, for which we will use Debian GNU/Linux. Although this distribution is not as intuitive and user-friendly as others, it will serve to explain all the characteristics of a GNU/Linux-based operating system, step by step.
Evolution of this book
The FTA has reused existing course materials from the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya. Additionally the FTA has developed a study guide and learning activities which are available for learners enrolled in the FTA Campus.
This material can be found in the following languages:
- Spanish: GNU/Linux Basico (UOC)
Note that the materials in different languages might have minor differences between the different version.
Users of FTA learning materials are encouraged to provide feedback and make suggestions for improvement. A specific space for this feedback will be set up and referenced from here. These inputs will be taken into account for next versions. Moreover, the FTA welcomes anyone to use and distribute this material as well as to make new versions and translations.